Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: RCA portable washing machine will not spin.  (Read 770 times)

Offline BiggyJ

• VIP Member
Re: RCA portable washing machine will not spin.
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2021, 08:53:54 AM »

Thank you...

Offline BiggyJ

• VIP Member
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2021, 03:11:56 PM »
Well... slowly but surely. Made SOME progress. Put washer in spin mode and when motor tried to spin, I tried to spin the main pulley by hand and it started. Then on following tries it also worked as it should.

So... what is the cause?

There is a definite worn/bad bearing sound. Although minimal, I can still hear it. So do you think the control board has a current sensor built in? Sensing the extra load from a bad bearing and stopping the motor from turning the drum.

In my mind, the only other cause could be the cap. I don't trust my inexpensive meter enough to trust it's test results. There is a humming coming from underneath but it just don't sound quite like a bad cap hum, but I could be wrong.

What are your thoughts based on this new data?

Thanks,
J

Offline 100 td

• Technician
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2021, 06:14:29 PM »
Just watch for the cable to  tension up and pull the mechanism when the machine goes into spin and which part is broken.
If the brake is not releasing fully it's not going to spin, or have trouble spinning.

Offline BiggyJ

• VIP Member
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2021, 08:17:28 PM »
Thanks 100...

More later :)

J