Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: 2015 Maytag mzf34x20dw00 freezer stopped maintaining Temp  (Read 154 times)

Offline Klange127

• VIP Member
2015 Maytag mzf34x20dw00 freezer stopped maintaining Temp
« on: October 25, 2021, 11:48:01 PM »

Newb here looking for some advice.

My 2015 Maytag mzf34x20dw00 freezer stopped maintaining a temperature around 0 and is slowly rising to 20. I emptied it and let it defrost. It maintained temps around 0 for a month and is slowly rising in temperature again. I opened the panel inside the freezer and found a golf ball size+ ice cube in the top left hand side of the coil.

The forum wouldn’t let me attach a jpeg from my phone so here is a link to the image https://ibb.co/7gqsfPh

Is this a defrost drain problem?  I need to unplug it and melt it again and inspect. Looking for advice on what might be wrong. Still learning how the defrost system works. Thanks in advance.

Kevin