Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag Bravos Out Of Balance  (Read 404 times)

Offline Billyrgibson

• VIP Member
Maytag Bravos Out Of Balance
« on: October 23, 2021, 04:27:26 PM »

I have a Maytag Bravos MCT washer model mvwx655dw1 that is two years old. On spun cycles it spins out of balance causing it to shake and knock loudly. I replaced the suspension springs and it made no difference. I called a repairman out sho changed the hub and it seemed to be no different.He came back again and replaced the inner tub and it is better but still does it just not as often. Is there anything else to look for?? He said that the transmission would be his next guess. Is this something I should fix or just keep buying a new piece of junk every two years? Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Maytag Bravos Out Of Balance
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 09:09:47 AM »
You will have to replace the transmission to fix the problem. The shaft gets oblong along with the Tub which you already replaced. My opinion go back to the old school top load Whirlpool/Kenmore Direct Drive Washers. Or spend the Good money on a Top Load Speed Queen! See that happen in less than 2 years old!! Seen that - Done that - Planned Obsolenscense!

Offline Billyrgibson

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 10:20:42 AM »
I purchased new oem springs to replace the Chinese made springs I bought from Amazon and the problem is solved. Works like a new washer. The iem springs were much stiffer whereas the China knockoffs allowed way to much bounce in the tub. If you need new suspension rods and springs BUY OEM!!!

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 12:20:09 PM »
 I dont buy any parts or supplies for laundry equipment repairs  from Amazon as most of their stuff is not up to specs and it is often higher priced anyhow.