Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Older model Whirlpool electric dryer rewire  (Read 280 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Older model Whirlpool electric dryer rewire
« on: October 20, 2021, 06:36:55 PM »

Today I was given an older realy old !!! model Whirlpool electric dryer  with model number LE3000XKW0. This is fairly old and the heating element was burned  in 2 pieces at a wire coil  and I doubt that a replacement element  is available due to the age of the unit.  I was able to rework a heating element from an old Maytag unit and have made it fit in the sheet metal carrier. The electrical connectors of the original wire harness  for the element were round tubular type but the Maytag item uses  Faston type but they are slightly different/smaller  than the std 1/4" size and I am looking for assistance in finding these connectors. Can anyone steer me in the right direction to find these ? My local Menards has wide variety of  Faston connectors but nothing that is correct.

Offline 100 td

• Technician
Re: Older model Whirlpool electric dryer rewire
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 08:00:02 PM »
PM sent

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 09:40:28 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I am still interested in finding appropriate connectors to fit the Maytag heating element.

Offline 100 td

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 07:20:10 AM »

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 02:45:41 PM »
FWIW I checked the wire size of the older Whirlpool dryer heating element rated at 5200 watts. As best as I can measure it is 0.054" diameter. The Maytag heating element I am considering using is 0.062" diameter and that element is rated at 5400 watts. Not sure if that is a factor in the life of these elements but when I checked for availability of the older Whirlpool element I was surprised to see that the local supply house had at least 50 of them in stock. They must sell a lot of them !