Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG French door LFC21770ST Freezer cold/fridge warm  (Read 187 times)

Offline Jillians

• VIP Member
LG French door LFC21770ST Freezer cold/fridge warm
« on: September 29, 2021, 10:06:48 PM »

Unit is 13 years old. Freezer is cooling great but fridge is warm. Took a chance and ordered a replacement motor for the evap fan (seems to be a common source of failure). Watched a few videos on replacement and I have a stupid question. In this model am I looking for the fan in the back of the refrigerator or the freezer? I've seen both.

I've spent the last week digging up irrigation valves to fix a leak, so probably the freezer. My knees are done.

Offline Jillians

• VIP Member
Re: LG French door LFC21770ST Freezer cold/fridge warm
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 11:58:28 PM »
Located in freezer and replaced. Removed refrigerator interior panel to check for any blockage. Ran self tests - no codes.

Offline Jillians

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 12:00:03 AM »
Compressor fan works during self tests, but runs sporadically during regular operation. Replace compressor fan or something else?

Offline 100 td

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 03:35:25 AM »
I don't have time to look at this, but this may help you out some if you don't have it.