Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE Refrigerator Single solenoid water Inlet Valve  (Read 305 times)

Offline mountain1

• VIP Member
GE Refrigerator Single solenoid water Inlet Valve
« on: September 27, 2021, 11:35:03 AM »

Hi All...It has been awhile since I have had an appliance issue.  You were all so kind to assist in the past and thank you all for that.  This is my issue:  I have a rather older GE Refrigerator model number TPX24PBBAWW.  My Single Solenoid water inlet valve has a cracked casing and therefore leaks water and must be replaced. All other parts on the valve are OK. 

Well I have not been able to locate the part I need which is part # WR57X10007.  My research indicates that the part is no longer available. I tried the seal the crack but to no avail...still leaks.

I am wondering if by chance there is a compatible part from another refrigerator that may work for me.  Also if any of you have knowledge of this particular fridge, perhaps I can contact the owner and discuss a purchase for the valve.

There is a replacement part for my GE but it is quite pricey and the install looks quite involved...not to mention that this fridge is old.  I am hoping just to replace the Single Solenoid water inlet valve.  If I can find one it will be a little less pricey and simple install.

Any assistance is fully appreciated. 

Offline 100 td

• Technician
Re: GE Refrigerator Single solenoid water Inlet Valve
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 10:38:58 PM »
Remove the solenoid, take it to an appliance parts supplier and see if they can match it, otherwise look on ebay for same volts, same threads/fittings/configuration

Offline mountain1

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 11:50:20 AM »
Thanks 100td for your comment.  I have been going in the same direction as you suggest and I do believe that I found the part.  My hope is that all will now come together.

Offline 100 td

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 08:13:16 PM »
Good luck!