Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag fridge no water or ice mfx2876drm00  (Read 237 times)

Offline Stryped

• VIP Member
Maytag fridge no water or ice mfx2876drm00
« on: September 24, 2021, 08:20:45 AM »

A few weeks ago, water would continue to pour after the dispenser was released. We were about to leave, so I pulled the fridge out and turned off the water valve. When I came home and turned the valve back on, neither the water dispenser or ice maker worked. Even days later, there was no ice in bucket or water in tray.

I removed the filter and that did not help. I replaced the inlet valve that attached to the water supply, but still smells problem. Also unplugged fridge for a period of time and reconnected. No improvement. Other things I have noticed:

holding down one display button for 3 seconds is supposed to change screens to allow you to change the temp. It blinks for a few seconds but wont go to the temp changing screen. The other thing is it used to beep when you open the filter door. It does not do that anymore. Fridge cools fine.

I suspect either the dispenser board or the main board. Can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot the exact problem with a multimeter? These parts are expensive!

Offline 100 td

• Technician
Re: Maytag fridge no water or ice mfx2876drm00
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 01:45:57 AM »
Try and see if you can get into diagnostics mode, I haven't looked to see if this is similar to yours so may be irrelevant

Offline Stryped

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 11:00:52 AM »
I have used diagnostic mode. What tests should I use?

Offline 100 td

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 06:22:00 PM »
Check everything, I expect you have a dual water valve problem, (valve or control) but test everything and post results.