Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag MBR2256KES6 4 pin Ice Maker pinout in freezer / low voltage  (Read 105 times)

Offline SauceMan

• VIP Member
Maytag MBR2256KES6 4 pin Ice Maker pinout in freezer / low voltage
« on: September 21, 2021, 01:07:17 PM »

Hi all,

I'm trying to fix the ice maker in my freezer not producing any ice.  I'm showing low voltage (around 9VAC) in the icemaker and around 7.45 kohms for the motor and 74 ohms for the heater.  When I remove the icemaker (and remove the wiring harness) and test the voltage on the 4 pins in the freezer, I also show a low, 9VAC or so voltage, whether or not I press the freezer drawer switch.  Shouldn't there be 120V on a pair of those pins?

I have two questions:
1. Does anyone know what the 4 pins are on the freezer side?  Should 2 of them read 120VAC?
2. Is there a fuse or something on the freeze I may have tripped that is causing only 9 or so volts to appear there?

I'm trying to find out if the problem somewhere in the icemaker, the freezer, or both before I start ordering parts.

Thanks!

Sauce