Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore Coldspot water dispenser  (Read 189 times)

Offline Jimmyd2777

• VIP Member
Kenmore Coldspot water dispenser
« on: September 16, 2021, 05:41:21 AM »

About a month ago my Kenmore Coldspot (106.51133210) suddenly began dispensing water from the door all on its own. Luckily I was home and was able to shut it off by opening the door which disables the water and ice dispenser. I then shut off the breaker which seemed to reset it for a bit. I then turned on the child lock which has prevented the water dispenser from activating on its own. Now the child lock indicator light and chimes come on sometimes when the doors are opened/closed and just randomly sometimes. The ice maker is still making ice and sometimes I can turn the lock off and dispense water and ice and sometimes the lock will not turn off (turns on/off by holding button for 3 seconds).  Thanks for any advise you can give.