Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Danby fridge - both ice and water in main compartment  (Read 91 times)

Offline Danby

• VIP Member
Danby fridge - both ice and water in main compartment
« on: September 14, 2021, 03:41:13 PM »

I have a Danby apartment-sized fridge/freezer, and the main fridge compartment is icing up with crystals near the top, but there's also lots of condensation on the ceiling of the fridge compartment. The freezer appears to be working normal. The water collection tray at the back is full. One technician came to look at it, and couldn't find "the other" air vent, then ghosted on me (when he decided it wouldn't be an easy fix?).

Any suggestions? The unit is about 5 years old and is generally in good condition, apart from this problem which started a month or two ago.

I've attached some pictures, also viewable here: https://imgur.com/gallery/NQTusEd

Any advice is greatly appreciated.