Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore freezer drawer crooked and not sealing on one side  (Read 249 times)

Offline dfoxer

• VIP Member
Kenmore freezer drawer crooked and not sealing on one side
« on: September 07, 2021, 05:41:45 AM »

I have a Sears Kenmore "French Door" refrigerator with bottom pull out freezer. Model number 25370413417. Model beginning 253 indicates it was made by Gibson (Frigidaire). The freezer drawer is not fully closing on the right hand side. So if you were to stand closely in front of the fridge and look down at the freezer drawer, it protrudes about 1/4 inch on the right while the left side is flush with the refrigerator doors. I thought that there must be an adjustment for this but can't seem to locate anything obvious on the drawer glides or the door. The seal on the right is just lightly touching the fridge but not compressing so we are getting frost inside the unit. I would much appreciate if anyone can explain how to adjust this or could point me toward a solution. Thanks in advance.

Offline 100 td

• Technician
Re: Kenmore freezer drawer crooked and not sealing on one side
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 06:36:16 PM »
If I'm understanding your problem correctly, 95% of the time for problems like this the drawer isn't engaged with the slide correctly, usually needs lifting and mechanism slid forwards and relocated under drawer. Slide drawer open and get your phone and take a pic from the side looking up at the front corner of the drawer mechanism where it locates with the drawer, do both sides, you will usually be able to see that one side is sitting/locating differently than the other, then rectify accordingly.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 06:37:52 PM by 100 td »

Offline beaneo18

• VIP Member
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Northeast Appliance Repair
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 07:24:22 PM »
One of the rails has skipped a tooth and not aligning properly. You need to open the drawer grab both sides of the drawer and with a quick jerking motion, get the side sticking out to skip a tooth back inwards. Pushing on the side staying open and pull out on opposite side. You really need to manhandle it and once you get the feel for it, you can get it back to normal. Do not be afraid of breaking it, they are tough enough. I have done this hundreds of times..  Hope this helps.
Thanks, Brandon

Offline dfoxer

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 08:19:06 AM »
One of the rails has skipped a tooth and not aligning properly. You need to open the drawer grab both sides of the drawer and with a quick jerking motion, get the side sticking out to skip a tooth back inwards. Pushing on the side staying open and pull out on opposite side. You really need to manhandle it and once you get the feel for it, you can get it back to normal. Do not be afraid of breaking it, they are tough enough. I have done this hundreds of times..  Hope this helps.

Thanks beaneo18, I did as you instructed and this did help quite a bit.  The drawer is still a bit crooked but no where near as bad as it was.  We also are not getting frost build up anymore so I'm going to call it "fixed." I saw this solution posted on another thread and thought it sounded odd.  But it does work!