Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Fridge issue  (Read 640 times)

Offline Noob002225

• VIP Member
Fridge issue
« on: August 31, 2021, 09:31:26 PM »

I have an issue with a fridge. There is ice buildup in the lower left at the upper edge of the water collection canal.
There is also ice build up and water at the bottom.

Manual says it should be perfectly level. Arctic ANK305+.

After I leveled it front to back and left to right there is a lot less in the edge and bottom.

Using the top of the fridge to level it.

Is it possible that the fridge is not actually level left to right via leveling it on the top?

Offline 100 td

• Technician
Re: Fridge issue
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 03:45:00 AM »
If you used a level, it's now level, and sounds like more has drained away. Best to remove or melt ice away with hair dryer or similar as "ice grows on ice", once it's clear, if everything is functioning correctly it should stay clear. Ensure the drain is clear. So how it goes.

Offline Noob002225

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 11:44:44 AM »
If you used a level, it's now level, and sounds like more has drained away. Best to remove or melt ice away with hair dryer or similar as "ice grows on ice", once it's clear, if everything is functioning correctly it should stay clear. Ensure the drain is clear. So how it goes.

I know, but why is there more flow on the left than the right? I can see the water going down in the right side of the fridge, to the upper right side, but no ice.

Why is there ice on the left?

That's what I'm doing, clearing the ice away, but every couple of days it grows back up.

Drain is clear. Just replaced the gasket, it's makes proper seal.

Offline 100 td

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 11:59:24 PM »
Quote from: Noob002225
I can see the water going down in the right side of the fridge, to the upper right side.
Some pictures and arrows or a different explanation may help as when an old fart like me reads this it doesn't flow like I envisage...There may be some others that will chime in with your answers.

Offline Noob002225

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 09:01:27 AM »
Something like in the picture, the ice builds up where the arrow is.

What I also did is tilt the fridge to the right, and ice is still forming in the left.

Offline 100 td

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2021, 01:46:29 AM »
Is there a cooling plate on the back of the fridge above this drain?

Offline Noob002225

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2021, 09:44:16 AM »
I don't know, not sure how I can find out.

Offline 100 td

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2021, 07:53:13 PM »
Up the top/back of the fridge there will be a plate evaporator or finned evaporator behind a cover I expect. If it is finned, then a fan is required to push air over it into fridge, if air is leaking out at the bottom left corner it could be freezing the water after defrost. The evap may also not be defrosting properly, you will have to remove cover to check. Check for foam seals in place if it has any. Insulation could also be water logged.