Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Stove burner not working, but tests show switch and burner should be working  (Read 388 times)

Offline greenb

• VIP Member

Kenmore flat top stove, model 970-687221, but I believe the hardware is made by Electrolux.

Issue is the front-left burner does not turn on.  I tested, based on this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjC4ubPm2pg) the switch and the burner.  Both the switch and burner have a consistent resistance reading

What else can be an issue I can easily test at home?  I have a hard time understanding the schematics diagram, if someone can help decipher it that would be great!  I attached the troubleshoot schematics in pdf format

thanks!

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
You might have a bad board - put your volt meter on L1 & L2 see if you have voltage coming to the switch when you turn the knob on. If no voltage you have a bad board - probably bad relay!