Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Frigidaire sxs fridge fpus2686LF0  (Read 602 times)

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Frigidaire sxs fridge fpus2686LF0
« on: August 24, 2021, 03:06:04 AM »

The freezer is set to -18c,it is actually -18c in temperature.but the display says 31c.why is this?It is the correct temp,but the display says a way higher reading.The fridge side is showing the correct temperature.what ,should I do to make it show the correct reading?

Offline 100 td

• Technician
Re: Frigidaire sxs fridge fpus2686LF0
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 07:36:38 AM »
Is this the fault you were called for, or has anything else been done to the fridge? Any codes?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 07:38:12 AM by 100 td »

Offline shillion

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 08:13:00 PM »
The interior temperature of the freezer is the same as the set temperature,but the display says it was 31F.That really means the sensor is doing the job in controlling the compressor to produce the correct temperature.what makes the read out inaccurate?my customer wants this mistake corrected.which part is causing the trouble?

Offline shillion

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 08:17:58 PM »
I just saw your question now.That was the problem they called me for.I cannot tell which part caused this problem.I was looking for the freezer cabinet temperature sensor from the parts diagram,but could not locate it.

Offline 100 td

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 10:15:08 PM »
You have been to the job, these are ALL your observations?
I don't know your fridge, generic Q's below
Clarify
Freezer  -18c in temperature.but the display says 31c
Interior temperature of the freezer is the same as the set temperature,but the display says it was 31F

Suggest use control panel to set to factory default, use 2 probes to monitor temp to assess/clarify display verses running condition.
Is the display flashing?
Check thermistors are in range against published values.
Does it have the perfect temp drawer, is it working correctly, and displaying correctly if fitted.
Is the icemaker working correctly if fitted.
Check door alarm working, check power failure alarm working.
Look for the cover as pictured

Offline shillion

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2021, 09:38:27 AM »
Me and my customer were looking for the freezer temperature thermistor together,but could not find it.The display was not flashing.will go back to see if I can find the service mannual and check the alarms.And find out how to do the complete system factory reset.Thank you very much,100 td.You are a good teacher.The customers are very handy.They even replaced the defrosting termination thermostat themselves thinking that was the problem when they saw too much ice built up.

Offline 100 td

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2021, 08:21:07 PM »
You haven't said weather the display reads 31C or 31F
You haven't said whether you actually measured -18C in the freezer with a probe
You haven't said whether you checked the fridge temp with a probe.
Note: Always check temperature with your own calibrated probes. This can be done with relatively cheap instruments, check calibration in a container of iced water.
You didn't mention there was ice build up, which is a significant factor in a frost free refrigeration air circuit
Factory default reset is by pushing and hold the default/reset button for 3 seconds IIRC
I'm guessing the unit is short on refrigerant or has a defrost problem, but other possibilities as we are missing accurate data
I'd guess the thermistor is in the icemaker area if not in the freezer air circuit.
Does it have the perfect temp drawer, is it working correctly
Is the icemaker working correctly?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 08:22:31 PM by 100 td »

Offline 100 td

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2021, 08:56:49 PM »
If you don't have a temp probes, buy something like this, then buy a couple of longer bead probes, mark the probes T1L and T2R for 1/2, Left/Right, and calibrate each probe to their position. Check calibration regularly. I believe this meter will allow calibration in the settings, but I haven't checked, the one I have has a manual trimpot for calibration of each probe. Make sure you check in user manual first. Some of the probes have very poor plugs be wary of bad connections. You don't need super accuracy, but within one degree is the most I would tolerate. YMMV
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264340452909
This is better, but very expensive, I used to have one for many years till it died, then bought something mid range.
https://www.fluke.com/en-us/product/temperature-measurement/ir-thermometers/fluke-52-ii
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 08:59:53 PM by 100 td »