Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung RF34H9960S4 Bottom right freezer won't stay cold  (Read 601 times)

Offline iblackford

• VIP Member
Samsung RF34H9960S4 Bottom right freezer won't stay cold
« on: August 20, 2021, 12:35:59 PM »

Hi All,

I have a Samsung "Chef Collection" RF34H9960S4 bottom right freezer won't stay cold. There doesn't appear to be any specific temperature for this section of the fridge, I can only assign it various levels of "Freezer" or "Fridge". It is assigned as a Freezer.

Symptoms:
-Sudden noticeable change in freezing performance, ice cream and other items in the door started to melt
-Occurred just after the bottom right door was slightly ajar for an evening, but even after this was corrected, the freezer didn't recover

Things I have tried:
-I removed all the items from the freezer, and removed the back panel. The coils were cold (not extremely cold, but cool...). They were not significantly frost covered
-Entered test mode and enabled FR (Forced Refrigeration mode) for ~2hrs, and I noticed that the coils were getting cooler
-Switched back to normal mode, and left for ~24hrs. The items in that freezer still weren't getting frozen
-Entered test mode again, this time I went into FR mode for ~18hrs, and the items in the freezer were now well frozen
-Just switched back to normal mode and I'm monitoring it
-I observed that the fan in right hand freezer section was running

Questions:
-How does the right side freezer determine when it needs to run? Is this considered "normal" if both sides of the freezer have too much of a temperature differential? Any other suggestions on things to check?

Thanks, Ivan

Offline 100 td

• Technician
Re: Samsung RF34H9960S4 Bottom right freezer won't stay cold
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 08:46:48 AM »
Use a digital thermometer and monitor the temps depending on what you set it to
Freezer Same as Freezer compartment
Soft Freezing 27℉(-3℃) 19℉(-7℃)
Chill 33℉(1℃) 26℉(-3℃)
Cool 45℉(7℃) 37℉(3℃)