Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Question on Direct Drive Transmission on Top Load Whirlpool  (Read 537 times)

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Question on Direct Drive Transmission on Top Load Whirlpool
« on: August 19, 2021, 09:58:31 AM »

Just bought a Brand New Transmission for a Older Direct Drive Top Load Whirlpool Washer - Can anyone explain to me how a Brand New Transmission Agitates and Spins at the same time. It is NOT the timer !! Used in multiple washers with no transmission issues. What internal part is causing this inside transmission?? Anyone happen to know?? TRANSMISSION IS BRAND NEW!! Please let me know before I send it back to Whirlpool!

Offline beaneo18

• VIP Member
    • Northeast Appliance Repair
Re: Question on Direct Drive Transmission on Top Load Whirlpool
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 03:06:22 PM »
Sounds like you have a bad tranny out of the box.  Its happened to me.  Did you replace the clutch when replacing the tranny?  If not, you should.
Thanks, Brandon

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
Re: Question on Direct Drive Transmission on Top Load Whirlpool
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 08:24:07 AM »
Always in fact I replace with a 6 Pad Clutch! That's what I thought but my question is would a new Neutral Drain Kit have any affect on the Transmission? Something in there is not right but I guess I drain the oil and rip it apart and see what I find!

Thank You!