Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung RF4267HARS Refrigerator Fan error but I replaced the fan  (Read 599 times)

Offline ApplianceBill

• VIP Member

Greetings.  I have a Samsung RF4267HARS French Door Refrigerator with cooling problems.  Freezer and middle drawer are working fine.  But the FF compartment swings between 34 degrees to 55 degrees.  Diagnostic identified a fan error (Error 22), but I replaced the fan and still have the error. (and temperature swings).  I also replaced the defrost sensor.  I cant seem to find a "Fresh Food" sensor. (Maybe there is one but I cant find it).   I opened the control board on the back and the red light was on (constant) and not blinking.  Any ideas?

Offline 100 td

• Technician
Re: Samsung RF4267HARS Refrigerator Fan error but I replaced the fan
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 09:07:26 PM »
Was there any ice build up on the evaporator when you replaced the fan?
Don't forget to clear codes (in case you haven't)
I would expect a fan error to only come from an incorrect (out of desired range) speed signal, whilst this fault could be a board problem I would first remove and replace the connector on the main board for the fan signal in case there is any corrosion or bad connection (unlikely but possible).
It could also come from current sensing if the board has it and/or the temperature swings on the thermistor, (unlikely, but I don't know the program logic).
Another reason for large temp swings could come from a sticky refrigerant diverter valve,  you can force the fridge to "Power Cool" mode which should open the valve fully. If possible monitor the air temp via external temp probe whilst doing any checks. Hopefully someone else can help you out further.

Offline 100 td

• Technician
Re: Samsung RF4267HARS Refrigerator Fan error but I replaced the fan
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 09:16:06 PM »
And I forgot to mention a sticky air damper