Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore 795.71013.011 Fridge Not Cooling - Compressor Issues  (Read 466 times)

Offline pschluet

• VIP Member
Kenmore 795.71013.011 Fridge Not Cooling - Compressor Issues
« on: August 13, 2021, 06:42:28 AM »

My Kenmore 795.71013.011 bottom-freezer fridge (here's a picture of the fridge tag with model number) is not cooling (both the fridge and the freezer are warm). Here are the things I have tested and what I have noticed:

These things seem to be working fine:
  • The evaporator fan runs fine inside the fridge
  • The evaporate coils do not have frost on them, so the defroster system seems fine
  • The condenser coils on the back of the fridge (inside the back panel near the floor) are clean (no dirt/dust issues)
  • The condenser coil fan is running fine

These are the issues I have noticed:
  • The compressor is running on a regular cycle, but it seems to be drawing too little current (anywhere from 0.5 Amps to 0.8 Amps during the cycle)
  • The compressor also does not draw consistent current throughout the cycle. It starts at 0.8 A, goes down to 0.5 A, then back up to 0.8 A before it stops.
  • The compressor makes a strange noise when it stops the cycle (see this video to see the current draw during the cycle as well as the strange noise at the end of the video)
  • The compressor isn't really heating up during operation; it's maybe slightly higher than room temperature
  • The refrigerant lines into and out of the compressor are pretty much room temperature all the time