Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool electric dryer typical model LER8648LW0  (Read 700 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Whirlpool electric dryer typical model LER8648LW0
« on: August 11, 2021, 12:55:31 PM »

This dryer was given to me for repairs in a couple of areas. One of the tumbler bars was missing and replaced . Also of more importance was the heater had a problem in that it was distorted in the support plate area between the coil sections. I have seen this many times before and wondered if anyone has been able to strengthen or replace this very thin plate ?

Offline johnboy3

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool electric dryer typical model LER8648LW0
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 02:01:30 PM »
I think you see this more where there has been restricted airflow, - undersized duct, too long duct, clogged duct and/or filter. Don't try to change anything on the heater unless you want to be responsible for anything bad that happens from that dryer!!!

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool electric dryer typical model LER8648LW0
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 07:43:34 AM »
FWIW I have seen a few dryers lately that have a tumbler bar missing when given to me for repairs. Folks should realize that the clothes will tend to just slide around the inside of the drum and take a lot longer to dry with one or more of the tumbler bars missing. Also the dryer drum will be off balance if the clothes bunch up at one position thus aggravating wear on the drum support bearings and drum seals.