Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Electrolux electric dryer model number EFDE317T1W0  (Read 709 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Electrolux electric dryer model number EFDE317T1W0
« on: August 09, 2021, 04:42:40 PM »

I was just given this dryer for possible repair.  It is in very nice clean condition. I put a new cord on it and plugged it in to check it out. The lights for the  console all light up but it will not start. I have tried to enter the diagnostic mode  but it will not allow it to start that way either. When I go thru the sequence and press start I hear a faint click in a large  circuit board mounted on a bracket above the drum  . Can anyone give me some help on what area or component I should look at  ?. The door switch appears OK .

Offline 100 td

• Technician
Re: Electrolux electric dryer model number EFDE317T1W0
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 08:23:46 PM »
My guess is that you'll be up for a new control board. I have an Electrolux dryer apart at the moment, was given to me not working, was going to repair for my daughter. I powered the motor and the heater at the board by adding a bridge and they both work. In diagnostic mode, the relay that does the motor reversing appears to click every 5 seconds etc, but it appears the main relay isn't working which also feeds the heater relay. I have found a dead smd resistor feeding a triac which should power the relay, I think this is a start but so many smd's and so tiny, and I expect something else failed with regards to the motor and triac sensing section of the board, can't read numbers on smd triacs. I'm having difficulty tracking & tracing these boards for myself, wouldn't do it for anybody else. Just replaced 4 capacitors and an smd diode in my 12 year old fridge before it failed completely and it's running properly again, but this board is smaller again and coated with lacquer, makes testing hard.
Power the motor up by itself and the heaters to test them out(very short duration as no airflow). Disconnect thermistor and power up board and I expect you will get an alarm code to say it's not connected, check door switch, (belt break switch if it has one) then you are likely up for the whole board.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 06:08:51 AM »
The info you provided is much appreciated. I need to know about the board as to the locations of the relays since the pages in the Dryer tech data sheet dont show these very well. Do you have some kind of manual for this machine or can you send a photo of the locations of the relays with the specific locations on the board. ? If you cant do it easily  I understand but maybe a physical description on the board would be handy. Thanks again as I dont want to scrap this unit  quite yet.

Offline 100 td

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 08:35:31 AM »
i don't have a manual for your model, board level repairs and diagnostics isn't something I would recommend.
No idea if this is similar
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1503315/Electrolux-Efme617siw.html#product-EFME417SIW

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 08:42:44 AM »
I dont know if I got lucky or what but I removed the main PCB (Really difficult to get it  out) but after checking  and cleaning all connectors  I put it back together. It started up properly and now is working OK !!! For the info of anyone else working on this brand and type of machine make a diagram of all wire colors and locations on the board and connectors since the data sheet inside the dryer is not very good for wire details.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 09:12:25 AM »
FWIW, I considered replacing the main power relay on this board with a Maytag  type if I found it to be a problem. I guess  it could be done if the wires were spliced  since the terminals are at a 90 degree angle to one another on the electrolux as compared to the Maytag type. Rating of the Maytag type would be adequate according to the data on the side of the item.