Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore (LG) washer Model 796.41262.610  (Read 639 times)

Offline Joey Bullock

• Technician
Kenmore (LG) washer Model 796.41262.610
« on: August 05, 2021, 05:40:59 AM »

This machine is showing a "de1" error code. 

Customer slammed the door shut and broke the strike.  The machine showed a "de1" error code.  Customer ordered new strike and installed it.  The machine still had the "de1" error code.  Customer has ordered and I stalled 2 ea. new door switches and the machine still has the "de1" error code.  That's when they called me to check it out.

I see no problems with any of the door switches.  The harness connector on the door switch is not burned or broken and appears to fitting securely.  The bellows was fitted correctly and the door latches correctly.  I removed the strike from the door so I could see it latched fully into the door switches.  Nothing changes.  The machine still has the "de1" error code.  What do I need check or test at this point.  HELP!  Thanks, Joey Bullock   

Offline 100 td

• Technician
Re: Kenmore (LG) washer Model 796.41262.610
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 09:10:58 PM »
Did you have a win here?

Offline Joey Bullock

• Technician
Re: Kenmore (LG) washer Model 796.41262.610
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 11:09:43 PM »
I tried the "reset on start procedure" and had the same problem.  I replaced the main control board.  That corrected the problem.  It works as good as new.  Thanks for the help.