Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag MHWE200XW00 Service History/Diagnostic Test Protocol Does Not Work  (Read 505 times)

Offline bullardrr

• VIP Member

My Maytag MHWE200XW00 ten year old machine stopped working in the middle of a cycle. It flashed the F6E1 code, which triggered my emergency ''pull the plug out of the wall socket response'' not knowing what else to do. I pulled the toe plate, read the service brochure to find F6E1, popped the drain cap to flood my floor drain, tipped the machine, manually unlocked the door, remove clothes, replaced toe panel, and repowered to find no error code. Put clothes back in and attempted restart of cycle; nothing. Tried different cycles, etc. Nothing. Tipped machine, removed toe panel, unlocked door, removed clothes, replaced toe panel and attempted the Service History/Diagnostic Test numerous times unplugging, different 3 button, 3 cycles in 8 second combinations after removing outlet power, waiting 15 seconds and reinserting. No error code indication and the 1, 2, 3 buttons did not respond in anyway consistent with the instructions/description in the service brochure, only behaving as if the machine was working successfully by showing the typical operational settings for normal wash cycle operation. I pulled the back panel and followed the F6E1 check points. Everything looked OK, generally in brand new looking condition. All panels were reinstalled, but there was not change in the failure of the diagnostic to run. I am a complete loss as to what is going on.