Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore 106.62152110 Cold Spot ice in freezer floor ? What to do now ??  (Read 643 times)

Offline TedJII

• VIP Member

So the other day I found ice on the floor of my freezer. Pulled stuff out , chipped all ice out . In the back middle there is a plastic thing with a slit on the bottom that had ice and was dirty. cleaned that out with a butter knife a warm sponge. Got it all cleaned out . I did look at the floor of the fridge at this time and all dry down there ! Looked inside fridge next day, dry as a bone , ice cream hard as a rock !
 Today ... 2 days later ice is forming again on fridge floor starting in the back. And unlike last time I have a puddle on the bottom of my fridge under crispers ! Cleaned out fridge, chipped some ice of freezer ...... NOW what ?
 Send some warm water down that slit in the back of the freezer and hope it clears things up ? I do have and air compressor that has a tiny air nozzle ?
 What do I do next to remedy problem ? Fridge was built 5/12 .

Offline 100 td

• Technician
I don't know your fridge, however many ice problems are caused by a blocked drain under the evaporator, may be worth pulling a cover and ensuring water can flow freely down it. Low fan speed and failed heaters can also cause problems. Hopefully someone with more intimate knowledge can chime in.

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Usually by removing the back panel inside the freezer. Then using a hair dryer to melt all the ice, following with boiling water in the tray until it flows free. Common issue. I use a steamer to clear but boiling water and maybe a turkey baster and carefully blow it clear.

Offline 100 td

• Technician
Re: Kenmore 106.62152110 Cold Spot ice in freezer floor ? What to do now ??
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 07:07:21 AM »
I probably should have mentioned, if the ice keeps appearing, and the drains are clear, defroster working properly etc., no icemaker leaks (if it has one), no leaky containers used for making ice, another possibility that moisture has leaked into the insulation slab between the fridge and freezer, when that happens it freezes and then moisture condenses on the corresponding spot on the ceiling in the fridge and drips on things or runs down the back etc. Just something to look out for. On some old fridges you used to be able to remove and replace that insulation slab, not any more. Good luck.