Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Amana washer model LWA30AL with s/n 9708067787  (Read 233 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Amana washer model LWA30AL with s/n 9708067787
« on: July 05, 2021, 07:41:49 AM »

The above washer given to me for repair without much info. The unit is clean  and shows no signs of leaks, After removing the front cover , the belt was found broken and in  showed signs it was overheated before breaking. I replaced the belt and hooked it up  with the controls set at cold/cold and  lowest water level setting. The cycle setting selected was the delicate  type. It filled with water properly and showed no distress. After a period of of agitation  it then drained the water. The next portion of the cycle would be to rinse. It tried to start but the belt began to slip and the motor started smoking. I unplugged it and need advice on the next area I should look at  before I throw it away. Any suggestions ?

Offline johnboy3

• Technician
Re: Amana washer model LWA30AL with s/n 9708067787
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 10:44:23 AM »
If there isn't anything stuck under the wash basket or between the wash basket and outer tub, I'd junk it.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Amana washer model LWA30AL with s/n 9708067787
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 04:09:11 PM »
I turned the washer up on its backside to allow better access to the  motor and drive area including the brake and squirted  some WD40 into  the  brake at the pads and rotor area.  Next after setting the washer back upright,  The control  dial was set on a delicate cycle , cold/cold temperature ,and  small load setting.. It ran thru the cycle with no problems evident. Not sure if the problem is now cured or if it is just postponed.