Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: I have a Whirlpool dishwasher that won't clean my dishes well  (Read 640 times)

Offline Cupcake

• VIP Member
  • Hello!

Model Number: GU2300XTVB1

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher, and since 2020, it has been leaving food on my dishes.
When I searched online, it said to replace the filter but I can't find it in the spot they're pointing to.
I heard there are Whirlpool dishwashers that don't come with a filter, and mine must be one of them. I can't find any videos or websites that tell me how to clean the filter.
I'm not fully sure if it is the filter.

What should I do? :(
Hello :)

Offline johnboy3

• Technician
Re: I have a Whirlpool dishwasher that won't clean my dishes well
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 02:29:08 PM »
That's a good dishwasher, and yes, it does have filters that can be cleaned.  The thing is that they require some disassembly and reassembly to clean them all and if you have ever washed anything with paper labels they may all need cleaning.  How good are you at mechanical work?  If you have the ability and the necessary tools, I'll talk you through it.