Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: frigidaire FFCD2413US2A  (Read 901 times)

Offline Wis2020

• VIP Member
frigidaire FFCD2413US2A
« on: July 03, 2021, 01:12:55 PM »

Our dishwasher is skipping parts of the cycle, to begin with it was intermittent an now seems to have become permanent. Anyone else had this issue with a Frigidaire and know which part might be faulty. We were kinda thinking the control panel?

Offline johnboy3

• Technician
Re: frigidaire FFCD2413US2A
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 03:18:04 PM »
What parts of the cycle are being skipped?

Offline Wis2020

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 08:50:30 PM »
It started with standing water in the base of the machine after the cycle was complete, that happened a few times. Now it takes in the water sometimes it washes, sometimes it stops washing and eventually proceeds to the next part of the cycle and might complete the the rest of the cycle. Other times it will wash and the rinse cycle seems affected. Earlier today we put it on a 1 hour wash and went out so have no idea what it did, other than the dishwasher tablet was only partially dissolved and the contents were not clean, so we repeated the 1 hour cycle and it seems this time it completed the cycle. Everything is VERY intermittent! The dishwasher is about 18 months old, it was new when we moved to our current house.

Offline johnboy3

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 10:31:11 AM »
Ok, to check it out, I'll give you instructions you can follow then let me know what happened.

First, close and latch the door, then push and hold the start/cancel button for 3 seconds or until something happens, (beep or pump starts) then release.

Wait until 2 minutes after all activity stops. 

Post what it did and whether any water is remaining in the dishwasher.  I'll get back to you.

Offline Wis2020

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 03:03:13 PM »
The first time I tried your instructions I got to a minute and nothing happened. So I opened the dishwasher and tried again, this time the pump kicked in and completed its cycle I waited 2 minutes opened the machine and no there was no water in the bottom. And thank you for taking the time to reply.

Offline johnboy3

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2021, 05:25:10 PM »
If you have used the dishwasher since you replied how did it do?  If you haven't used it, run it again on a normal cycle (with or without dishes) then let me know how it did.

Offline Wis2020

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2021, 06:44:12 PM »
I have used it twice today and both times the outcome seems okay, it leaves a residue on some items. Are intermittent faults like this a thing with this particular dishwasher? The dishwasher in general is not the greatest, we would not have chosen it but it was new and here, we would like to continue using it till we replace the kitchen next year. We are restricted on height of a new one, that will change with the kitchen replacement.

Offline johnboy3

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2021, 11:04:41 AM »
There could be an intermittent fault in the control, but that is less likely than an intermittent opening of a door switch, which is mistaken as the cycle ending.  The clean light should be on if the cycle finishes correctly.
If you try to start a new cycle when the previous one has stopped, they will pick up where they stopped and appear to be randomly missing cycles.
Another frequent failure is an intermittent fill valve, this can leave undissolved detergent at the end of the cycle. It will make the prewash fill and drain the prewash water, but never fill it again and complete the cycle dry.
You mentioned a film on some dishes; make certain the temperature of the water going into the dishwasher is at least 120 degrees F.  I use LemiShine booster in the prewash cup and one of the pod-type detergents in the main wash cup.  Also, be sure to use a rinse aid as well.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Offline Wis2020

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2021, 01:55:25 PM »
Thank you for your help. We checked the temp of the water and it is a little above 120, as far as the opening of the door we are aware you would need to press the start button again to finish the cycle and that the clean button is lit once the cycle is done.
We will see how it goes and if we have further questions I will get back to you. I will also try the prewash.
Again thanks.