Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Hisense fridge rb17n6dse,fresh compartment not cold.  (Read 207 times)

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Hisense fridge rb17n6dse,fresh compartment not cold.
« on: June 17, 2021, 12:50:57 PM »

The freezer is freezing properly, evaporator is clear of ice built up,Fan is going,but no air is coming up.How to test the airdoor?Can I jam the air door half open to make the fresh food compartment cold?

Offline houptee

• Technician
Re: Hisense fridge rb17n6dse,fresh compartment not cold.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 07:04:30 AM »
What did you find out on this unit?
What is your overall opinion of Hisense machines?
They have the lowest price in US for a full size 36" stainless french door machine.
Lowes is only place I have seen Hisense sold but Best Buy has same Hisense machines with their house brand name Insignia on them.

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Re: Hisense fridge rb17n6dse,fresh compartment not cold.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 10:11:32 AM »
Hello Houptee,thank you for responding to my question.I went back to check the Hisense fridge.Found out the airdoor actually was functioning,open and close as designed.But no air was coming up to the fresh food compartment.So I closed one big air outlet hole in the freezer compartment,also closed an air return,to force cold air to go up.It cools the upper compartment,though still not cold enough.So I was thinking may be the fan is not fast enough,may go back to close more holes.