Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GFE27GGDAWW Diagnostic service error codes  (Read 156 times)

Offline TobiiFixit2

• VIP Member
GFE27GGDAWW Diagnostic service error codes
« on: June 10, 2021, 06:43:43 PM »

Good day guys
I have a white GE 27 cuft french door Model GFE27GGDAWW.

I have the following codes from the diagnostic menu in the attached image.

things I noticed
1) FF section set to 1 c but hangs around 3-degrees c may fall to set point randomly
2) fresh food fan is not on for long periods then come on kinda loud
3) defrosts cause the temp to rise to 4 to 5 but lately it going to 8 degrees c now
4) fresh food section seems to be defrosting a lot

I'm not sure if anyone can help or decipher the codes I already have the service manual which is no help, and the mini-manual for the fridge does not have a list of what the codes mean.

I'm from the Caribbean btw Trinidad

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: GFE27GGDAWW Diagnostic service error codes
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 10:04:47 AM »
Change that fresh food fan motor and you should be back in business.That fan can cause all of these! This should be your mini manual!Fresh Food Fan Contributing to Warm Temperatures

Possible Symptoms:
  • Fresh food temperatures warm overallFresh food temperatures warm in the top of the compartment and freezing at the bottomFresh food temperature intermittently warm, then cools normallyExcessive fresh food fan sounds from the fan surging while attempting to reach normal
      operating speed
  • No display on the UI (User Interface)Interior LED lighting inoperativeCompressor not runningComplete shutdown of refrigerator
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 10:05:54 AM by dab147315 »

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: GFE27GGDAWW Diagnostic service error codes
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 10:39:10 AM »
That has all the error codes it.If that helps let me know and what they mean!