Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Miele dishwasher stays on even when timer set to off - Controller/timer problem?  (Read 1298 times)

Offline melias

• VIP Member

We have a Miele HG1 Premier dishwaher that is around 14 years old.
Last night the dishwasher leaked water all over the floor and simultaneously tripped the fuses in the house.

On inspection, a hose had come loose and I clipped it back in place. However, the dishwasher pump is now on continuously when the power is on, even when the timer is set to off.
It seems that the timer switch now has no effect on the pump or cycle at all.

I'm wondering whether a short circuit in the timer tripped our household fuse, and whether the time/controller needs replacing.
Or should I just buy a new machine?!

Offline Bearcat

• Technician
That unit probably has a leak detector switch.  Until the water is cleaned up from the pan under the dishwasher, only the drain pump will run.  If you leave it long enough, the water will probably evaporate, and go back to working.  Hope this helps.

Bearcat