Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Dryer will not heat after Propane Covnersion  (Read 945 times)

Offline SRD

• VIP Member
Dryer will not heat after Propane Covnersion
« on: May 30, 2021, 11:25:42 PM »

I did a Propane Conversion on my Whirlpool Estate Dryer which called for a Whirlpool 49572A Propane Conversion Kit-2473609.

I watched the video specifications and installed the 54 orifice and installed the Blocking Pin.

Afterword's  I attached a Propane Tank to the Natural Gas line with a Flare Connector.

When started the dryer runs fine but never gets hot......

Anyone ever done thie conversion or can tell me what is going on I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
SRD

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Dryer will not heat after Propane Covnersion
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 10:59:00 AM »
Did you have a LP regulator connected to the tank? If not you may have blown the pressure regulator on the valve you converted.

Offline SRD

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 02:03:53 PM »
The Propane tank has a pressure regulator on the hose line and I did not see anything in the video about adding one to the dryer. Is there a seperate regulator for the dryer that is not the one on the Propane regulator hose?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 10:01:23 AM »
I have done many conversions both ways and the conversion process  did not affect the ability of the dryer to ignite the burner. Did this dryer heat properly before the conversion ? Can you hear the solenoids clicking ? Is the igniter glowing ? You must have something else that happened during the conversion . Take a look at the igniter  and listen for the solnoids to click on.