Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Galnaz Mini Fridge PTC queston  (Read 114 times)

Offline Solarman61

• VIP Member
Galnaz Mini Fridge PTC queston
« on: May 23, 2021, 04:07:51 PM »

Hello All, 

I purchased a donated Galnaz  mini fridge that has never been used. DOA from wally-mart.$25
they reported that the unit "didn't freeze" which I didn't really care as would be for keeping beverages cold.
But when I plugged it in- nothing, no sounds, the inside fridge light came on!
as I'm learning about the whole system, I don't get any voltage at the compressor or Cap.(Uncharged)

- I took the QP2-4R7 PTC part and noticed that the #4 terminal (H) 120v wasn't connected to anything inside the PTC.
Question to anyone that may know but the 120v leg goes north to the light, etc but in the PTC I don't see how voltage will get to the other post! I've tried to find a pic of it inside to see it maybe connected to the post #3 that seems to go to the cap and disk in the middle. I didn't see any piece of metal that may have broke off inside, but I know it needs to connect to something. I see these available all on the market to replace, but I can connect the two post  pretty easy inside the PTC pretty quick. I just didn't want to try and damage something else.
Please see pic below -
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks-
Kendall