My Frigidaire convection range has been heating inconsistently and intermittently. It is about 8 years old. I have replaced the control board in the past.
Description of problem:
- Sometimes the temperature heats very slowly
- Sometimes the display indicates the temp is at the proper temp, but it is obviously not that hot (food cooking too slow)
- When it is obviously not the right temp, we can hit cancel and re-enter the desired temp for baking, and the display shows what the actual temp was as it now attempts to reheat.
- When we use broil, it appears to heat up quicker, but when we switch it back to bake (or convection) the temp tends to drop again
- Convection seems to have a higher chance of heating more consistently
I have tested the elements and the temp sensor (as per many youtube videos using a multimeter) and everything appears to be working well from that end.
There are no error messages showing up on the display.
The control board has no visible 'burnt' parts that are problematic.
Should I spend the money on replacing the control board? Or could it be a fuse issue? Are there ways to test for it?
Is there something else that might be the problem?