Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag Centennial top load washer under model number MVW 415EW0  (Read 191 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician

The above model Maytag was given to me with the explanation that it has noise in the transmission area. AS I dont know anything about this particular model I am looking for advice as to what the problems are and if it is repairable at a reasonable cost. HELP.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Maytag Centennial top load washer under model number MVW 415EW0
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 03:20:23 PM »
Ran the unit thru a wash cycle and did not find a  significant noise except during rinse part of cycle.  However The hot and cold water inlet connections are fairly cheap grade of plastic and the previous owner messed them up a bit . I was able to put on a set of supply hoses that tightened up fairly well to prevent leaks. Older model Maytags were much better quality of plastic  and they hardly ever had damaged threads.