Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Diagnose and Repair Ice Maker Whirlpool Gold Model GX5FHTXVY08  (Read 268 times)

Offline wpollock

• VIP Member

Verified water supply from house and installed new dual inlet valve and ice maker. Chilled water dispenser on inside of fridge works well. No ice output from ice maker. If it's possible there is an ice blockage between the inlet valve and ice maker how can I locate and remove it?
Thanks

Offline Bearcat

• Technician
Re: Diagnose and Repair Ice Maker Whirlpool Gold Model GX5FHTXVY08
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 02:04:52 AM »
Hello,

For a quick test, you could swap the electrical connectors on your dual valve.  Then activate the water dispenser lever, and water should run into your ice maker.  If not, you have either a problem with the valve, or a restriction in the line between the valve and ice maker.  Hope this helps.  Please let us know what you find.

Offline wpollock

• VIP Member
Re: Diagnose and Repair Ice Maker Whirlpool Gold Model GX5FHTXVY08
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 11:46:14 AM »
 Interestingly I poured some water directly into the ice maker tray yesterday afternoon and it successfully froze it into cubes and dumped it into the collection bin so I am led to believe my problem is a blockage somewhere in the ice maker water supply line. Particularly since I replaced the dual water inlet valve and am getting plenty of water at the chilled water dispenser on the inside of the fridge compartment. Unable to reverse the electrical plug leads as they are different configurations.