Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool wtw4950xw still has lid and motor control faults  (Read 50 times)

Offline tru

• VIP Member

Hi Everyone, My trouble started when the machine wouldn't start a cycle and motor hummed and timed out, the lid light blinking. Ran diagnostics and found the error codes and I replaced the lid lock switch, but I continue to get the lid switch fault, in addition to the motor control fault and the lid light just stays on. From other threads on this washer, I've found the missing page in the  manual to test the lid switch and that prove's okay.  Test 3B for the drive system I cannot compete because I don't seem to be able to get manual test mode to operate.   The motor resistance checks good (5.4 ohms), for both windings and the capacitor I have checked  with the voltmeter and that seems good.