Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Condenser Dryer not working. Belt inside drum.  (Read 126 times)

Offline apolandi

• VIP Member
Condenser Dryer not working. Belt inside drum.
« on: April 30, 2021, 01:51:27 AM »

Hi,
I have a 3y old AEG T61275AC condenser dryer which stopped working suddenly. I Can hear to motor clicking and almost starting to roll the drum but nothing happens.
I've found a strange belt inside the drum along with all the cloths that were in it.
It isn't the motor belt, I removed the top cover and its in place and tight and I didn't see anything out of place that's obvious.
I've attached a picture of the belt below. Is it the felt belt? it doesn't look like it. Any help would be apricated.
Thanks!

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Condenser Dryer not working. Belt inside drum.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 07:22:54 AM »
Not being familar with this type of unit but the belt shown in the pictures is  not actually a belt but rather the drum seal. If it is off the drum the drum will not turn easily if at all. You will need to take this unit apart and replace the seal around the end of the drum. It will have to be reglued in place.