Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Bosch HMV5053U-pops breaker  (Read 750 times)

Offline tperk

• VIP Member
Bosch HMV5053U-pops breaker
« on: April 28, 2021, 09:17:37 PM »

I've got a Bosch HMV5053U OTR M/W that keeps popping the breaker when I have the unit plugged in and I open or close the door. I ended up replacing all three microswitches and I still have the same issue. If I disconnect either the primary or secondary switch connectors, the breaker will not pop when opening or closing the door. Is it possible that I just need to try and align the door switches better or possibly something else causing this unit to pop the breaker constantly.

Offline Caddy4343

• Technician
Re: Bosch HMV5053U-pops breaker
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 06:42:06 PM »
If it's not blowing the M/W fuse I'd suspect a pinched or broken wire causing a short.  If the switches were misaligned it should blow the fuse.

Offline tperk

• VIP Member
Re: Bosch HMV5053U-pops breaker
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 06:48:24 PM »
I did trace a few wires but not all of them. I did try disconnecting various other components(fan/HV Cap/Xformer/lites) to see if that would change anything but it didn't. Its kind of a weird one. Its my MIL's microwave, so I'm not too sure how much she wants to put into this thing after replacing the switches at this point though.