Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool Dryer Making a Rumbling Sound  (Read 126 times)

Offline scooter698

• VIP Member
Whirlpool Dryer Making a Rumbling Sound
« on: May 01, 2021, 02:14:30 PM »

Whirlpool Dryer, Model #LER4634JQ0

For some time, the dryer has been making what can best be described as a low-pitched rumbling/rubbing noise. It's not bad with small loads, but large loads drive me crazy. The rollers and idler pulley have been replaced, with no change. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? See the video below. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/23RpK8mssjM

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool Dryer Making a Rumbling Sound
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 07:05:14 AM »
You will need to take it apart and remove the drum to isolate this noise. One possible source is the drum baffles one or more which have something inside . It always amazes me of the coins and other items that get inside these baffles. If the rollers were replaced were the support shafts worn badly for the rollers.?  Also check the drum in the area where the rollers run to see if there is a bump in the surface. It usually causes a rumble noise. Recheck the idler pulley shaft for a problem also.