Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag Neptune dryer model MDG6800AWW with s/n 12912041EE circuit board  (Read 488 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician

The above model Maytag dryer was given to me for possible repair. The customer said it would occasionally not start  and he was tired of messing with it. I checked the obvious things and found nothing wrong  inside the drum , or heater or t-stats. Having worked on one of these before I then took the console cover off to check the circuit board.  Slight burning and discoloration was found on the resistors at the upper RH corner. These are R53,54,55,56. I had another panel salvaged from a machine with bearing problems and used it to test  and it works . I am asking other techs if there is usually another component on the board that is damaged at the same time. Also I recall there may be a shop that offers rebuilt boards of this type but I cant find the info. Can anyone help on this ?

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Using another circuit board which I think is in proper working condition I checked the 4 resistors mentioned earlier. The original board has the solder connections on the back side of the board for the 4 resistors damaged or partially open. I will use this newer board and try the operation.. Looks like the 4 resistors are 8200 ohms each but my meter is not as good as I would like. If anyone has a reading on these I would appreciate hearing from them.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
I resoldered the 4 resistors on the original board and put it back into the machine . The same problems continue. I still have the orginal touch panel in place however. Took this circuit board panel back out and rehooked up the alternate panel but no change. I can occasionally get the unit to work on sensor dry  by pressing various buttons and it heats well. I cant get it to shut off however unless I pull the 110 volt plug. This is maddening !!! Any suggestions ?

Offline Thorning

• Technician
As a last resort I used another front push button panel that I thought was NFG and everything worked !