Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE double door frig not start up  (Read 112 times)

Offline Arkini

• VIP Member
GE double door frig not start up
« on: April 19, 2021, 01:41:06 PM »

This is a double door frig.  Left and right open doors.

2 weeks ago.  My drain plug was iced out and building at my bottom of the inside wall.   I used hot water to pour only at the drain hole and used a shower towel to catch water.  After the plug was cleared, the My frig was not starting up. All the lights were on, but the front ice/main temperature panel was dark.  The ice maker worked.  I disconnected the power source and traced it to the power line and disconnected the plug and reconnected on the back opposite the compressor.  The frig turned back alive.

2nd problem, the ice crusher only spitted out crushed ice, so I disconnected the power.   I dissembled the ice cube crush/whole regulator and add oil to it.  It was iced up.  The regulator works now but frig wont buzz or power-up.