Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag Bravos (2010) Sd, Ul, F51  (Read 967 times)

Offline Droppdmike

• VIP Member
Maytag Bravos (2010) Sd, Ul, F51
« on: April 15, 2021, 03:26:00 PM »

I have a MVWB300WQ1 that will no longer start the spin cycle, it usually throws an Sd code, but sometimes will throw a Ul or F51 as well. Last week I could get it to spin before it threw the Sd, now it doesn't get that far. This happens no matter what mode it is in - normal wash, cleaning mode or drain and spin.

I ordered a new position sensor and springs. Haven't received the sensor but while I was replacing the springs, I pulled the washplate to check the drive hub and then pulled the motor rotor underneath to see what condition the position sensor was in. Everything looks pristine - no noticeable wear, connections are tight and everything is amazingly clean. The washplate does not spin independently of the basket.

Unsure of how to proceed. Any advice on further steps would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: Maytag Bravos (2010) Sd, Ul, F51
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 10:53:38 PM »
The key to your Maytag washer problem is in your own words, "The washplate does not spin independently of the basket."  It has to.  Likely the problem is silt/dirt build up on drive shaft.  To repair, you'll need to remove the wash basket.
1. Tape lid shut, lift up entire top and lean it against the wall
2. Unsnap/detach top tub ring
3. Remove washplate
4. Remove drive hub
5. Lift out wash basket -- it probably won't come out due to the dirt build up. I've had good luck adding several gallons of water to the machine and then going into the manual service mode and putting it in slow spin.  Rotate the basket back and forth while lifting.  Be persistent.  Don't try to simply yank it up.  Once you get the basket removed, clean all the gookus off the basket center hole and drive shaft.