Hi I will try to describe my issue as short and clean as possible. So, I have a small tabletop fridge rated 60W and recently stopped working.
When plugged in, every 5mins or so i hear a clicking sound which I think is the overload protector kicking in.
I've unplugged the connectors and all the components from the compressor and checked each part.
The relay measures 15 Ohms and the small disk inside looks ok. It's not fallen apart or burnt.
The overload protector looks good as-well, usual rattling sound when shaked but that one measures 3.3 Ohms so not sure about that one.
Measured the ohmage of the compressor connectors and they add up spot on.
I did not write them down and can't be exact here but eg A-B is 135 ohms, A-C is 90 ohms and B-C is 45 ohms.
So the two smaller readings added together matches the highest reading.... but how come the highest reading is above 100 ohms?!!
Tried bypassing the overload protector and plugging in for a minute to check but the same result. So it's not the overload protector... (thaught 3.3 ohms for the overload is bit too high...).
When I plug in the fridge and measure the Amperage drawn from the mains with a clamp meter its around 1.85 Amps but the compressor is not starting.
So in short... the overload protector and the relay should be fine. The compressor ohmage at A B and C points add up except the ohmage readings are extremely high.
Fridge brand is iGenix IG3711
Compressor model is single phase DFB30L-1F
I would appreciate any help or advice. Especially regarding the high ohmage reading. I'm not a white goods engineer but have a good knowledge of electrics averall and as far as I'm aware readings should be typically around 10 ohms?