Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Used speed queen vibrating wildly during near end of spin. Normal?  (Read 193 times)

Offline shemsu

• VIP Member

My gentley used Speed Queen top top loader is shaky during the end of the spin cycle. Just want to know if this normal and if I can do anything about it. Here is a short video of what I'm talking about: https://youtube.com/shorts/yHJ5xPK0i2A

Used Speed Queen Top Loader
https://www.appliancesconnection.com/speed-queen-swnnc2hp115tw02.html
model: Swnnc2hp115tw02

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Used speed queen vibrating wildly during near end of spin. Normal?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 06:58:03 PM »
Open front panel and make sure the 6 springs are all intact. Also the Halo Skid Plate at bottom of tub frame may be worn and needs to be replaced. Do some inspecting 1st. Run the washer with the front panel off to see whats going on. Is the violent shaking coming from the tub or the frame. It could shake violently from an off center or unbalanced load also I just went on a service call where the rubber feet on the bottom were missing the feet were off balance and the machine would walk across the floor! Had to install the missing rubber feet and re-balance all 4 feet! Let us know what you find - You should have 4 rubber pads under the feet of the machine.

Offline shemsu

• VIP Member
Re: Used speed queen vibrating wildly during near end of spin. Normal?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 07:26:16 PM »
I will follow up with you. Thanks for the insight! Looks like I am missing 2 rubber feet in the rear. I will order them asap.