Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE Dishwasher GDT695SGJ0WW: Service LED is on solid. No user control lights on.  (Read 749 times)

Offline honeydos

• VIP Member

No lights on user control panel.
AC power is verified correct.
Pressing and holding the Select Cycle and Start buttons does NOT respond with display coming on.
Door latch switch measured zero OHMS so has continuity when door is closed, and does not when door is open.
Flood switch has continuity when actuated.
Service LED is on solid green on Main Electronic Control board (Part Number WD21X24901). 
Recently had no lights on user control panel but pushing the reset button on the thermal sens.
or brought it back to life.  However, now this does not work.  This thermal sensor is part of the AC Harness Assembly Part Number WD21X24096.  Two of the wires go from the Electronic Control Board WD21X24901 to the heating element WD05X24776.  It measured zero OHMS on both leads so it has continuity, tested both plugged in and unplugged.  Resistance across one wire to the other was 16.4 OHMS plugged in.  The heating element also measured 16.4 OHMS by itself (unplugged).
Iíve read that at least some machines have a thermal fuse located on or near the User Control and Display Board.  I donít see any reference to one on the parts diagrams for my GDT695SGJ0WW.  I disassembled to investigate but could not find a thermal fuse.
In research so far I have not read how one can diagnose for certain if either the main control board or the User Control and Display Board is defective.  These boards are expensive so I only want to order if sure I need one.  I appreciate any help on this problem.

Offline honeydos

• VIP Member
I wrote in my post that pushing the reset button on the thermal sensor recently brought it back to life.  However, now this does not work.  I found a ďthermistor output tableĒ in the service information and got thinking that since it measured ZERO OHMS on both leads perhaps it went bad.  Research revealed that with a completely open circuit the thermistor is likely to be faulty.  Iím ordering the AC Harness Assembly Part Number WD21X24096, and Iíll post the results.

Offline ShortHair

• VIP Member
I'm fighting a GDT655SMJ0ES right now with the same problem. The tech sheet shows that a solid green light indicates a bad main control board. I've ordered a new board twice from my supplier and both new boards do the same thing. I've contacted some other appliance repair friends and all agree that the boards are defective. I've ordered another board and am waiting for the 3rd board to get here and I'm hopeful it cures the problem my customer is having. Unless someone has a different solution? I'm all ears!

Offline honeydos

• VIP Member
SOLVED: Replacing the User Control and Display Board WD21X23462 fixed it. Earlier I ordered the AC Harness Assembly Part Number WD21X24096 because I thought thermistor should have more than zero ohms.  However, the new one also measured zero ohms.  I installed it anyway but the symptoms did not change.