Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: MGD5600TQ0  (Read 223 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
MGD5600TQ0
« on: March 07, 2021, 07:01:09 PM »

I converted this dryer from propane to natural gas today which I have done many times before. The conversion involves changing the orifice fitting and the valve blanking plug from the relief type to a standard plug. Although I am sure there is a good reason to do it I am not sure if it really makes any difference to safety and operation when going back to natural gas from propane. I can see a reason for the need to have the relief type plug when going to propane but dont see the need to change it when  going away from propane back to natural gas. Any comments on this ?

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: MGD5600TQ0
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 07:29:39 PM »
LP the regulator is blocked open and uses the tank regulator, natural gas each appliance unit has a regulator so need that block removed so the regulator is functional I was told many years ago.