Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore 795.72595710 Compressor replacement  (Read 120 times)

Offline Andy S.

• VIP Member
Kenmore 795.72595710 Compressor replacement
« on: March 12, 2021, 10:38:40 PM »

I plan to replace the compressor with a standard reciprocating compressor.  I'll just use a relay connected to the condenser fan to cycle the compressor.  I don't know what compressor to use. 

I need some advice on which compressor - brand and size - to use on this 25 Cubic Foot fridge (french door bottom freezer).

:thanks:

Offline Andy S.

• VIP Member
Re: Kenmore 795.72595710 Compressor replacement
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 07:29:16 PM »
I plan to replace the compressor with a standard reciprocating compressor.  I'll just use a relay connected to the condenser fan to cycle the compressor.  I don't know what compressor to use. 

I need some advice on which compressor - brand and size - to use on this 25 Cubic Foot fridge (french door bottom freezer).

:thanks:

I'll add a little more information here.  The fridge has a linear compressor, which, I'm sure you all know, is junk.  I've been kicking around the idea of putting a reciprocating in, but then I read about people having trouble with other components if the compressor is not original.  I can easily bypass the panel, do some rewiring, and get a compressor up and running in there, I am just hoping someone has some experience with this to help me avoid the pitfalls. 

I'm also up in the air about just which compressor would work well given the specs of the rest of the components.  Sooooooo ... if any of you have had any success with something like this, I'd appreciate some help.  I also considered using an external compressor, but I'm leaning away from that idea now. 

Thanks!