Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Frigidaire Flair - model RCIB635 Need info.  (Read 238 times)

Offline johnboy3

• Technician
Frigidaire Flair - model RCIB635 Need info.
« on: March 11, 2021, 01:30:19 PM »

I'm trying to help an old customer with a Frigidaire Flair Range.  I can't get to see it, but am trying to help by phone!  Several (many) years ago I replaced some of the surface units, and that slide-out part is still working perfectly, but the oven has completely quit - including the light.  Does anybody have any information on these?  I'd like to get a service manual, wiring diagram, use & care guide, anything that might help me guide the customer by phone.  Did these have any fuses? I would appreciate anything you can come up with. Thanks in advance, John

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Frigidaire Flair - model RCIB635 Need info.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 07:24:07 PM »
Number one issue with oven dead and no indicator light is the clock is in AUTO cook. Tell them to look at the clock and look for a window that has MAN in it, turn it to MAN and done. Did hundreds of these a year when there were a lot of them still out there. That's the problem with me being a rookie at 41 years in the business as there were a lot of them out there then. If that doesn't solve it burned wires under the top panel is next. Contact me if needed.

Offline johnboy3

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 02:13:47 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I used to see that a lot on the pre-electronic ranges, but it's been so long I had forgotten about it.

The customers would call with "I hope you can fix my stove, all the eyes work, but the bake and broil just quit" and that was when I'd say, "you just cleaned around the knobs and controls didn't you"!

I started doing service calls in the early '90s and stopped last year about this time when the Covid 19 started to be a thing.  I had passed my 76th birthday - it was about time!

Thanks again,  John

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 09:00:13 PM »
I started in 1979 and am still working. Can't afford to retire where I live but don't really want to.