Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung DV220AGW gas flame only stays on for 5-6 seconds  (Read 248 times)

Offline jjandrews222

• VIP Member
Samsung DV220AGW gas flame only stays on for 5-6 seconds
« on: March 08, 2021, 11:02:20 AM »

My Samsung DV220AGW gas dryer recently started having issues fully drying clothes. I've opened front of dryer to expose gas heating flame and discovered the gas flame only stays lit for 5-6 seconds before going out.  Any ideas on the cause?  I've included a video clip of the flame. Thanks.

https://youtu.be/JWro8d3u_Nc

Offline jjandrews222

• VIP Member
Re: Samsung DV220AGW gas flame only stays on for 5-6 seconds
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 01:43:01 PM »
I also wanted to add that I replaced gas coils, but symptoms are the same.

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 07:22:44 AM »
Check to make sure you have continuity on your flame sensor - it's located on left side of the flame tube (2 wires going to it) on left side of your video.

Offline jjandrews222

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 09:12:20 AM »
Check to make sure you have continuity on your flame sensor - it's located on left side of the flame tube (2 wires going to it) on left side of your video.

I did check flame sensor and it had continuity.  However, one thing I discovered last night was that having dryer front panel and door off was an issue.  When I covered the dryer door opening with towel, the flame stayed on.  So Iím thinking not having an adequate exhaust draw with front door off was possibly making dryer sense exhaust vent was clogged....Or so Iím guessing.  Anyway, Iím now hoping the new coils were the actual fix, but will have to see after next dryer loads are completed.🤞