Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: No power to water inlet valve  (Read 818 times)

Offline Jrgsmnn

• VIP Member
No power to water inlet valve
« on: March 05, 2021, 10:58:18 AM »

My Kenmore Elite dishwasher model # 665-1276 stopped mid cycle.  At first it wouldn't drain. I pulled the drain pump and found a broken blade so I replaced the pump.  I noticed I had kinked the copper supply hose so I replaced it with a flexible braided hose.  I could now hear it go into the draining cycle but strangely it wasn't getting any water!  I replaced the hot water supply valve under the sink (It was old and deteriorating).  Still no water so I checked the water inlet valve for continuity and it tested ok. I also tested the overflow switch and it too was fine.  Since I still wasn't getting any water I tested the water inlet valve with a power cord and it worked fine.  Lastly, I hooked up my voltmeter to the inlet valve supply wires and ran a wash cycle to check to see if it was getting 120 volts.  It registers some voltage during the drain cycle but nothing when it should be filling.  When the dishwasher is just sitting in the off position with nothing selected I can hear it humming like it is trying to do something.  I would appreciate any help on this problem!

Thank you,

jrgsmnn

Offline Jrgsmnn

• VIP Member
Re: No power to water inlet valve
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 12:40:15 PM »
Any suggestions?