Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Sam sung dryer dv42h5000ew/AC no display,power is on  (Read 242 times)

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Sam sung dryer dv42h5000ew/AC no display,power is on
« on: March 05, 2021, 10:42:54 AM »

This dryer originally had display,would accept selections,but could not start.I took it apart,found everything was good,belt,belt switch,fuses,but then the display was gone.I cannot find the schematic diagram to check the control power.please help!

Offline shillion

• Technician
Re: Sam sung dryer dv42h5000ew/AC no display,power is on
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 11:50:38 PM »
I have gone back to that dryer,found the diagrams.I cannot find where the 120 volt get to the main control board to createthe 5 vlt and 12vlt dc supply,so I still have no display.Please help!

Offline shillion

• Technician
Re: Sam sung dryer dv42h5000ew/AC no display,power is on
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 10:52:28 AM »
So I went back again trying to find out why there was no display.It turned out I made a mistake when installing the harness on the control board.Sam Sung should have made that one more fool proof so it cannot be reversed.When reversed,the 120volt power is not going to the correct place.After a lot of studying,I found out just that,so I re-installed the harness the right way,the display came back.I am uploading the actual look and location of that harness.The design of that harness is you can install it either way,it will go in,except you loose the control power.